Summer Volunteer Program, India
- The summer program 2019 brings you an unforgettable cultural and volunteering experience of your life.
- Two weeks volunteer work opportunities with Orphanage, Street Children or Teach English in primary Schools in Jaipur.
- You will have opportunities explore Jaipur (pink city) while volunteering here. It is famous for its palaces and forts and their resplendent architecture.
- A cultural week to Holi City Pushkar, Taj Mahal, Golden Temple and finally one of the most stunning Trek in Himalaya which begins from a small Tibetan Town McLeodGanj in Dharamshala.
- All places are a shopping paradise as well, where you can find various souvenirs like handicrafts, fabrics, jewellery, gems, and antiques.
- PROGRAM OVERVIEW
- A DAY IN THE LIFE OF VOLUNTEER
- ACCOMMODATION, FOOD & SAFETY
- START DATES
- ARRIVAL & ORIENTATION
- PROGRAM FEES
The volunteers will be working in one of the available programs at our Jaipur location. The participants will work closely with local people helping them towards the upliftment of children of the downtrodden society.
After the first week of volunteering in Jaipur you will make a visit to Pushkar, a Hindu pilgrimage village. On termination of the volunteer program the travel week will begin. We will take you on a cultural journey that will take you to Taj Mahal, Golden Temple and finally to McLeodGanj. Our travel week will conclude with a three day Himalayan Trekking adventure.
Day 01, Saturday: Delhi, India Arrival
personally meets at Delhi airport and transfer to volunteer house, Jaipur.
Day 02, Sunday: Group introduction & Orientation
An orientation and group introduction will be organized on next day of your arrival.
Day 03 - 07, Monday to Friday
Volunteer Work begins
Day 08, Saturday: Travel to Pushkar
Drive to Pushkar around 06:30 AM, Pushkar sightseeing > Back to Jaipur by the late evening
Day 09, Sunday
Day 10 - 14, Monday to Friday
Day 15, Saturday: Travel to Agra
Drive to Agra around 09:00 AM > Transfer to hotel > Free for Lunch > Visit to Fort & market.
Next day; visit to the Taj Mahal at 10:00 AM after breakfast (included).
Day 16, Sunday: Travel to Amritsar
Checkout from AGRA Hotel around 11:00 AM and travel to Delhi to catch Train to Amritsar. Arrival in Amritsar around 11 PM and transfer to Hotel.
Day 17, Monday: Amritsar Sightseeing
Visit to Golden Temple at 10:00 AM after breakfast (included) and evening will proceed to visit Vagha Border at 04:30 from Hotel.
Day 18, Tuesday: To Dharamshala
Checkout from AMRITSAR Hotel (Around 11:00 AM) and drive to Dharamshala and transfer to trekking base camp, dinner and overnight stay
Day 19, Wednesday: Himalayan Trekking - Day 1
▪ Early morning breakfast and tea
▪ Begin trekking excursion from the trekking base camp at 09:00
▪ Trek throughout day, with frequent breaks for water, tea, packed lunch.
▪ Reach at Triund (mid-way point) afternoon and take Lunch
▪ Reach at mountain's summit at Ilaka Glassier and continue trekking onwards to Snow Line
▪ Trek downwards; back to Triund and dinner.
Day 20, Thursday: Himalayan Trekking - Day 2
▪ Next day, trek downwards after breakfast and tea
▪ Reach at Base Camp in afternoon and Lunch
▪ Visit to nearby village to see the Water Fall (optional)
▪ Dinner and overnight stay at Base Camp
Day 21, Friday: Himalayan Trekking - Day 3
▪ Breakfast and tea and checkout from Base Camp
▪ Free in Mecleodganj (Dharamshala) till evening
▪ Overnight Volvo AC Bus to Delhi at 07:00 pm from Mecleodganj (Dharamshala) Bus stop.
Day 22, Saturday
Drop-off at Delhi airport around 08:00 am
On working days, volunteers get up and make their own breakfast before heading out to their volunteer sites. Our staff provides daily transportation to and from the volunteer site of your choice. At the volunteer site, you will spend approximately 4-5 hours. Lunch is included and will be served at 1pm upon return to the volunteer house. Open afternoons provide volunteers the opportunity to explore Jaipur and learn about the local culture and customs. Evening meals provide another exciting chance to enjoy authentic food provided by our staff cooks. The food is delicious and healthy and takes full advantage of local cooking traditions.
In Jaipur, you are provided accommodation in our volunteers' house which is a building owned by the organization. The volunteer home is an independent multi-storey building which is in northern part of Jaipur. You can reach the centre of Jaipur in 30 minutes by Auto Rickshaw. The volunteer house is safe and secure. The house is 3 stories and contains 8 shared bedrooms with suite washrooms. All washrooms have a shower and a western toilet. There is a basic kitchen and living room on each floor. During summer season the rooms have Air Conditioner at night. The cook serves quality Indian food to the volunteers and UV treated & Ozonated water is provided in the home, which is clean and safe to drink. Daily lunch and dinner are included.
The participants will be provided star hotel accommodation, the room will be clean, air conditioned and attached with western style washrooms sharing with other volunteers. The participants may have meals of their own choice by paying tab amount at their own but almost break-fast will be provided by the hotels.
At Sankalp-Volunteer we make safety a high priority for each and every volunteer and staff member that join our program. Our program has been running for several years and we have had the great joy in welcoming hundreds of volunteers into our program, please trust that we have extensive experience in caring and protecting all of our volunteers. This includes safety within the house, transportation provided by us, safety at the program locations, and any emergencies that may arise.
We do not conduct any program that could in any possible way jeopardize the safety of any volunteer or staff member. We are very proud of our ongoing commitment and provision of safety for all that join our team. In the past 12 years we have had hundreds of volunteers within the age group of 16-65 years of age, with a maximum of 30 volunteers at the house, with no miss-happening to anyone in our program.
In order to continue our priority and contract with safety, our organization maintains very set rules and regulations. We ask that you join our program with adherence to the set rules and respect them appropriately for your own and others personal safety.
|Arival / Pickup||Departure / Drop-off|
|29 June, Saturday||20 July, Saturday|
|13 July, Saturday||03 August, Saturday|
|27 July, Saturday||17 August, Saturday|
Arrival - pickup will be provided from Delhi International airport, you can arrive anytime, our personal driver will be there to pick you up.
Departure - we drop you at Delhi International airport around 08:00 am at end of program.
Our personal driver will be awaiting your arrival at the airport. You will find him in the arrival hall, past immigration/customs/baggage claim, with a placard displaying your name.
Next day of your arrival at the destination we organized an orientation for each program where you will gain an understanding on the entire volunteer program, introduction to rules and regulation of the organization, Indian history, its culture and traditions.
|Currency||Application Fee||Program Fee||Total Cost|
|USD||$ 250||$ 1190||$ 1440|
|GBP||£ 195||£ 910||£ 1105|
|EURO||€ 215||€ 1025||€ 1240|
Paid in Full Discount - Pay your application and program fee together and receive a 15% discount off on program fees. Learn more
• Airport Transfars, Delhi
• Program orientation
• Extensive information prior to arrival
• Accommodation & Meals
• Assistance in work area
• Daily transport to program site
• All program relevant materials
• 24x7 In-house wi-fi internet access
• 24 hour back-up from our staff
• Visit to Agra including Taj Mahal
• Visit to Pushkar (same day trip)
• Visit to Golden Temple (Amritsar)
• Visit to Dharamshala
• 3 days Himalayan Trekking adventurer
• All hotel stays during the expedition
• All Transportation for trips
• All monuments entry fees
• All taxes and bank charges
Age Limit: 16 Years +
Qualification: Volunteers must participate in this program with an open mind, giving heart, and flexibility to work with elephants and the program staff.