Sankalp runs a
formally owned and operated school for the
street children in the needier neighborhoods of
Jaipur. Volunteers get the opportunity to help
in the school by teaching, inspiring, and
supporting these undeserved and underprivileged
Our organization runs our own school located in the needier neighborhoods of Jaipur. The project is titled “Street Children Education” as the children who attend the school are from the streets. These children are able to receive a free education, materials, and uniforms by attending the school daily. Along with a local Indian teacher, volunteers are able to teach the children basic educational skills such as English, math, reading, and writing; while also offering a structure based day involving etiquette norms and life skills. In between educational lessons, the volunteers can enjoy playing outdoor sports and games with the children, encouraging their physical development. Street children students range in all ages and educational levels; volunteers will be provided materials and orientation based on their assigned class.
Volunteer work activities
• Teaching basic English & math skills along
with colors, shapes, animals, sounds, and
• Encouraging tips on basic life skills such as dressing, manners, health, and hygiene.
• Implementing creative activities using art, drawing, painting, music, and dance.
• Motivating students to attend school regular and the benefits of their education.
• Helping children develop basic motor skills with the use of outdoor physical activities through play and games.
• Providing a structured environment for students to learn how to communicate properly, work together as a group, and effectively develop.
Duration - The minimum required time
to volunteer within our Project for Street Kids
is 1 week.
Qualification - Volunteers must participate in this program with an open mind, giving heart, and flexibility to work with different age ranges of children.
Visa type - You will need the tourist Visa for this program.